This page is in being updated. Please no comments yet as this will be constantly changing.
The initial information gathered here is from the yahoo groups. This information may be wrong and will need to be reviewed. But, this is a starting point to consolidate information. This is not meant to replace the yahoo group, but to supplement the information and reduce the frustration of locating information pertaining to the G59 SDR transceiver kit.
- SI570 Solder Issues
- touch both dot/dash paddle together for 10 seconds when powering on the G59 (jxxx)
- Run the “G59FlashProgrammer program
- Use the latest G59firmware.BIN firmware located in the GSDR_xxxxxx directory, –> load file
- Erase Firmware
- Write Firmware
That should do it…
–> this is not complete.
Image Adjustment (hardware)
The image adjustment precedure is similar to one described at http://genesisradio.com.au/G3020/a1.html - Please scroll to the bottom of the page.
Fine tune trimmer R23 until the unwanted image is rejected as much as possible. If you have already set the resistance to 330 Ohm, then maximum rejection will be achieved within 1 to 2 turns either way.
note: 50uV = S9 = -73dbm
- Inject a 50uV signal into G59 preferably around 14mhz (Let's assume a 14.05 mhz signal)
- Place the VFO so that the signal is within the filter ( around 1khz from VFO , you'll hear a 1khz tone).
- Go to Setup > General > Calibration > Level Cal box.
- Set the frequency to 14.05
- Set Level to -73
- Leave Smeter Val and display Val. as they are.
- Click Start. The screen will change, and seem to freeze…. the Blue progress bar will start to move…. When the screen goes back to normal, it is done.
Now, not sure why, but display , depending on sample rate and display zoom will not read EXACTLY -73dbm.
- So you can use display Val to move the tip of your carrier peak to -73dbm.
- For S-meter, you should use the narrowest filter you can squeez around the signal, and then use Smeter Val to get it to read S9
Now you're done.
Connect KP9 to sound card output.
1. Connect stereo audio cable between KP9 and sound card output as shown above; connect USB cable and power up G59 board.
2. Sound card settings: under Mixer device - Audio output: Mute all except Master volume and Wave In GSDR Setup-Sound Card: set output voltage to 0.50 V
3. Click on Start, select 20m band. Set LOSC to 14.020 MHz and VFO A on 14.030.
4. Click TUN (tune).
The red LED will light and relays will click. You are now transmitting.
Check your transmitting signal on external receiver tuned to 14.030 MHz. Check also it's image on 14.010 MHz.
Fine tune trimmer R9T for maximum image rejection. Turn not more than 1-2 turns either way.
- Transmitter power output is 10 mW. [ 0.01W]
- Switch OFF TUN (RX mode). Disconnect sound card cable from KP9.
- Tune your external receiver to 14.020 MHz and listen to G59 LOSC signal.
- To null LOSC signal, fine tune trimmer R50T and R51T. Do not turn trimmer pot more than 1-2 turns either way.
The RF preamp in the G59mk2 may be unstable depending upon the relay used for xxxx.
- Virtual Audio Connection